Last time we did freezer cooking it was a little (or a lot) overwhelming with the planning, purchasing, prepping and cooking 108 meals and multiple loaves of breakfast/dessert breads that this time we pared it down to 45 meals. MUCH BETTER!
It was much more manageable. I made three small shopping trips for items and Darby finished up purchasing the large majority of the meat/dairy/produce items at Sams the morning of our cooking day. I couldn’t have managed without her help this time.
We got together on Friday night around 5:00 pm and wrapped up 1:00 am. We actually tripled the recipes – so we each took home 15 recipes and a few loaves of bread.
This was our menu (For some of the recipes I was able to find the link I used so I posted it….but all of the recipes are on the Word and PDF documents uploaded at the bottom of the post):
- Santa Fe Chicken
- Macaroni & Beef Casserole
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Italian Chicken
- Taco Soup
- Creamy Chicken Lasagna
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Homemade Lasagna
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Chicken Pot Pie (makes 2)
- Sausage and Grits Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Dessert/Breakfast Bread: Banana Bread
Here are the files you can download and print:
- freezer-meals-blog (Word File)
- Freezer Shopping List (this lists the ingredients per recipe on one tab, then combines them all on the second tab, the third tab includes prep to be done ahead of time)
- Freezer Door Listing (this is a file you can print and put on your freezer door with thawing/cooking instructions – I found this online somewhere but don’t remember where to give the person credit)
If you have any questions about anything let me know. 🙂